email@example.com • Cary, NC
https://www.sethrolfe.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/sethrolfe
Passionate game designer constantly learning new design techniques to improve player experiences. Knowledgeable leader with extensive experience and educational background in game design and IT with a strong history of providing high-quality service, critical thinking, and project management skills. Excellent communicator and a team player capable of handling large workloads while under pressure.
Technical Skills and Areas of Expertise:
Game Design | Unreal Engine | Blueprints | Project Management | Game System Balance | Source Control | Perforce / Git | Level Design | Design Documentation | Production | JIRA | Photoshop / Premiere | Unity 3D | C# | Blender | Esports | Live Streaming/Broadcasting | Microsoft Office | FMOD | Communication | Time Management
Full Sail University • Bachelor of Science in Game Design • Graduated 6/17 • Valedictorian
Epic Games • Cary, NC • 08/2018 – Present • Events Technician
- Review all technical details to ensure that stakeholder requests can be fulfilled or accommodated.
- Allocate and purchase hardware/software for all events as necessary and preload content.
- Plan, package, and complete setup and breakdown of all IT equipment for Epic Games events held worldwide, such as Fortnite tournaments, trade shows, and enterprise related events.
- Utilize project management tool JIRA to track, create, and report on work orders/tickets.
- Provide onsite technical support during events and tournaments to ensure functionality, efficiency and zero downtime.
- Create and update images using Ghost Solution Suite and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit software.
- Script and automate tasks with the scripting language Powershell and other IT tools.
- Inventory and maintain over 1000 pieces of equipment using the SnipeIT inventory server for asset management purposes.
- Create, document, and implement workflow improvement plans to improve productivity.
- Take on various leadership roles on projects, events, and large work orders and complete associated tasks in a timely manner.
Space Slayer • Mini Jame Gam 11 • Unreal Engine • 07/2022
Designer / Programmer / Producer • 3D • Managed a team of developers on a 3D top down adventure game, while working on enemy AI in behavior trees, configuring art and audio, setting up a boss fight and helping with level design, all within 60 hours. Continued work after the jam was finished to clean up and finish the project.
Mew Mew Mirror • Global Game Jam 2022 • Unreal Engine • 02/2022
Designer / Programmer / Producer • 3D • Side Scrolling Puzzle Platformer. Led a team of several developers on a 3D side scrolling puzzle platformer game and aided level design with completing clean up/lighting passes, creating the boss level and mechanics independently, configuring art and audio, and producing the menu system, all within 10 days. Game came in 2nd place at 2 different jam sites in the US.
Trials Of Unrest • Global Game Jam 2021 • Unreal Engine • 02/2021
Designer / Programmer • 3D • 3rd person adventure game. Directed a team of developers and worked on level design, blueprint programming, and game design for an adventure game in 5 days.
Donut Libre • Mini Jam 56 • Unreal Engine • 06/2020
Designer / Programmer • 3D • An independent game project creating a 3D 1 vs 1 action game and producing high-level combat mechanics for players to use against their opponents.
Above The Fallen • Steam Release • Unity • 06/2017
Designer / Programmer • 2D • Released on Steam as part of Green Light. A 2D puzzle platformer game where the player must control 2 characters with a single gamepad. Worked with a team on game design, level design and handled all the programming over a period of 6 months.
Desktop Support Analyst – NOV 2017 – AUG 2018 – GE Aviation/Apex Systems, Durham, NC
Desk Side Support Technician – JUL 2014 – NOV 2017 – McKesson/Pomeroy IT Solution, Durham, NC
Functional Systems Administrator – FEB 2008 – AUG 2014 – United States Air Force, Whiteman AFB, MO